MWBCR is always in need of volunteers to help with our
Much of our work involves:
- Phone calls and contacting people via e-mail
- Home visits for potential adopters
- Checking references for potential adopters
- Transporting dogs in foster care
- Evaluation of dogs coming into rescue
- Fundraising and helping at local events
- Orientation of new members
Continue to volunteering
Take this quick and easy quiz to
see if you've got what it takes to become a foster home.
- Can you provide a crucial rest stop for homeless
Border Collies on their way to a permanent home?
- Can your home be the place where our dogs can feel safe, learn
to play or sometimes simply rediscover how to be a Border
- Do you have the time and patience to help a homeless Border
Collie that may have training, socialization or health
- Are you comfortable assessing a dog's need for exercise and
the ability to live with other animals or children?
- Do you have enough love in your heart to take a
dog into your home, treat it as one of your own, nurture it
to its full potential and then let it move on to its next
destination - a forever home?
- Do you realize, with tears in your eyes, that every time a dog
is adopted, it opens up your heart and home to a new one
that needs you just as much if not more.
If you answered yes to all of these questions, we
need you! Our Border Collies rely on the dedication and
commitment from caring foster homes. They need you and so do
Continue to fostering
Other ways to help